|Baking Toddler at 13mos old. 1 1/2 years later he's still digging the sauce!|
Easy Chicken Parmesan
4 (3oz) chicken cutlets
1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Kosher Salt & Pepper
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the chicken and season with salt, pepper, thyme and basil.
- Heat a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Spoon a small amount of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9" baking dish or glass pie plate. Place chicken in dish and pour sauce over and around the cutlets.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over each cutlet. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.