As the holidays are fast approaching a slight panic is stirring inside. I need to remind myself to take a breather and enjoy the season. I hope you all will too.
Brussels Sprout Slaw with Mustard Dressing & Maple Glazed Pecans
1/2 cup large pecan halves
1/8 cup pure maple syrup
1/8 cup Dijon Mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 pound brussels sprouts
1/2 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a sheet pan with a sheet of foil with nonstick spray. Place pecans on prepared pan. Stir together maple syrup, small pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add to pecans and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer. Bake nuts for 5 minutes, stir, and bake for another 5 minutes. Glaze should be bubbling and thick. Cool completely.
- Whisk mustard, lemon juice, sugar in a small bowl; whisk in oil. Season with salt & pepper, sugar if needed.
- Rinse and trim brussels sprouts, removing any dirty or bruised leaves. Peel layers until the leaves look shiny and bright.
- Slice brussels sprouts 1/8-1/4 inch; transfer to a bowl.
- Toss brussels sprouts with enough dressing to coat. Place in serving bowl and top with pecans & cranberries.