Tuesday, June 25, 2013

summer days

I adore this table

Eli and I had a great summer day.  I took him to a playscape nestled in a nice shopping center.  We sat on a patio and ate a grilled chicken salad, tea, apples and grapes.  He had no idea that a splash pad was gurgling away behind the shady park and he also had no idea that his mom came prepared with his swim trunks and water shoes.  A quick change in the back of the car, a few spouts of water sprayed in the face, large leaps and jumps into the puddles made for a great summer afternoon.  Afterwards, dried and back in civilian clothes we cooled off with a visit to an ice cream store.

*Notice my child wearing a knit cap on a 95 degree day.  He wanted to look like Louis Tomlinson from One Direction.  Like my friend Susan said, "Fashion first and the rest will fall into place."

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

This is so awesome. What a great day. I love it when moms surprise their kids like this!