Thursday, June 6, 2013

hive-five (recipe: Soy-Sesame Kale Chips)

1.  I'm still trying my best to be A Wholesome Bee.  I went off track a little around Easter but now I'm back.  At one point I lost around 15 pounds.  Gotta lose some more poundage before I meet my high school buds in Galveston mid summer-this chubby bunny is not ready for that!  Must...Eat...More...Kale.

2.  I believe this is my song for the summer.
3.  Cleaning diligently.  My parents are coming to visit in a few days.  I've spent the week making "the fake house," as my husband calls it.  Now I just need to figure out how to turn my "fake house" into the real house.  That may happen when more hours are added to the day.

4.  New blog love here. I love food/lifestyle blogs.  Manger is just beautiful.
5.  Eli has a week off between spring & summer classes.  He has been hanging out with his Daddy a lot this week and has enjoyed every bit of it.  He is a wild boy who likes to rough-house.  This Momma doesn't rough-house, so when quality time with Daddy is spent-it gets a little wild!

Soy-Sesame Kale Chips
Makes 6 cups

8 oz. (1 small bunch) kale (preferably Tuscan)
1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.  Rinse kale and thoroughly blot dry with a kitchen towel.  Tear leaves from ribs; discard ribs.  Tear leaves into 4-in. pieces.  Distribute kale onto two baking sheets and pour oil and soy sauce evenly over the kale.  Toss to coat evenly.
  2. Arrange leaves in a single layer.  Bake, switching pan positions after 13 minutes.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake until leaves are crisp but not browned, 5-7 minutes more.
  3. Keep stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
source:  Sunset Magazine May 2012

No comments: