|Neighbor's flowers peeking over the picket fence|
|Crossvine (smells deliciously similar to coffee)|
|Poppies...poppies...poppies will make them sleeeeep|
Chocolate Chip Cookies
yield: 3 dozen
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop Heaping tablespoons full onto parchment lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Cool on baking pan for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire cooling rack.