Monday, January 16, 2012

Bowl Game Recipe: Jalapeno Ranch Dip

Unfortunately our beloved Houston Texans will not be moving on to the conference championship or the Superbowl for that matter.  We (and when I say we, I mean my husband) are Dallas Cowboy fans by heart, but we will always support any team representing Texas!

I really love bowl game food.  Pizza, lil' smokies drenched in BBQ sauce, buffalo wings and tons of chips and dips.  This Jalapeno Ranch Dip is cool, fresh and lends some heat from the jalapeno.  You can make it as spicy as you'd like by adding more peppers.  My MIL likes about 3-4 peppers added to the dip and my FIL drizzles it over his salad.  It is an easy, versatile and scrumptious recipe and would be a great addition to that Superbowl party you'll be attending.

Jalapeno Ranch Dip
1 1/3c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. buttermilk
2 jalapenos, finely diced
1/3 c. canned diced green chiles, drained
1/3 c. cilantro, chopped
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
  1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir until incorporated.  Chill.
  2. Serve with tortilla chips
***You can also use this dip for a wonderful salad dressing.  Just thin it out a bit with water.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

That looks very good. The li'l smokies are my favorites, too. Our beloved Packers won't be going, either, and we're quite let down by that.