Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Coconut Swirls

Did you know Santa was a coconut lover?
Merry Christmas everyone.  I wish you all a wonderful day filled with family, joy, and laughter.  This draws our Christmas Breakfast Series to a close.  You always end it on a sweet note.  Am I right?


Merry Little Christmas Breakfast Menu
Eggnog French Toast
Maple Glazed Sausage
Holiday Fruit Salad
Grapefruit in Wine Syrup
Mocha Chocolate
Coconut Swirls

Coconut Swirls
1/3 cup butter
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
½ cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels

1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons water and vanilla.
2. Combine powdered sugar and milk powder; stir ½ cup at a time into butter mixture until smooth. Stir in coconut. Shape into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheets lined with wax paper.
3. Chill 20 minutes
4. Place chocolate morels in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle chocolate over coconut balls. Store in refrigerator.

5 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

How I love coconut. These are right up my alley! I found you at Something Swanky and I'd love for you to join my linky party, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, sometime! The link is open through Friday. Have a wonderful holiday! :)

Mama Pea said...

Yum! I love coconut! These look really good. The whole menu looks wonderful to me! Way to go!

Kim McCallie said...

I love your coconut swirls. They look delicious! I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/12/sweet-indulgences-sunday-36.html

Janie said...

Those look really really good. I love coconut!

Stopping by from STT

Chris said...

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for sharing the recipe for the coconut swirls, they look delicious. Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/