Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I have been quiet....(Recipe: Cajun Chicken Pasta)

I have been quiet during the month of September-not posting as much as I had been in the past few months.  There was a change that stirred inside of me.  A change in interests perhaps...I have always enjoyed cooking and baking but there are other things that hold my attention as well.

Now, with Baking Tot growing older, I find myself eyeing crafts we can do together.  And as the season changes (elsewhere-I might add) I have found myself curled up on the couch clinking knitting needles together as a pale pink skein of alpaca yarn transforms into a hat.  I long for the change in season, I long for mountains and snow.  It seems like I can't get my mind off of it.
A toddler hat
I even find myself venturing off to new blogs.  Blogs that reflect a lifestyle amongst nature, displaying the most beautiful scenery and I want to be there.

But have no worries, I will still be here my friends.  And there will always be a recipe.  But my posts may not be solely focused on food itself, as there are other things in life to discover.

Cajun Chicken Pasta
This was a recipe I clipped when I was a teenager.  It has been around for a long time and is a family favorite.  For some reason my mom calls it Garlic Chicken-even though it only has an 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder in it.  It drives me nuts when she calls it that! :)
serves four
2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips and seasoned with salt and pepper
2 tablespoons butter
8 slices each, red and yellow bell peppers
1/4 of an onion, sliced
1 cup half-n-half
3/4-1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
Parmesan to garnish
  1. Over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.  Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
  2. Add peppers and onion to pan; cook and stir until vegetables are softened.
  3. Reduce heat.  Add half-n-half, and dry spices and bring to a soft boil to reduce sauce, stirring or swirling pan constantly, about 3-4 minutes.  Add pasta and toss; heat through.  Top with grated cheese.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Knitting looks so relaxing!
My mum tried to teach me...but i struggled! Knit lots of pretty things then show us :D Oh! and i will be trying this yummy pasta for sure!

Kara :)

http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/