|photo credit: www.raspberry.us|
On the up side (if there is one), the heat brings cooler food to the table (literally and figuratively). I have found myself eating more salads and slaws, enjoying juicy peaches (Baking Toddler ate TWO today), and sipping on icy cold lemonade and sweet tea (I'm a southern girl-go figure). So in those early summer hours when the temperature is hovering around 80 degrees F, you can find me eating breakfast al fresco and definitely sipping on one of these smoothies.
This Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie is part of the Summer Breakfast Series in which our menu includes:
- Potato Basil Frittata
- Ricotta Doughnuts with Blueberry Compote
- Sliced Fruit or a Summer Salad
- Raspberry Vanilla Smoothies
- Coffee & Orange Juice
Raspberry Vanilla Smoothies
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
3/4 cup cranberry juice
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups ice
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan and cook over medium low heat until sugar has dissolved. Set aside and cool.
- Pour cooled sugar syrup into a blender and add yogurt, berries, juice, vanilla and ice. Blend until thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.