For the next few weeks I will be posting a Summer Breakfast Series. If you are looking for an easy-to-host breakfast or brunch this menu is perfect. What are we serving??? Check out this fun menu:
A Summer Breakfast Menu
- Potato Basil Frittata
- Ricotta Doughnuts with Blueberry Compote
- Fresh Fruit (for early morning) or a Summery Salad (for brunch)
- Raspberry Vanilla Smoothies
- Coffee and Orange Juice
Potato Basil Frittata
source: Ina Garten, Food Network
8 Tablespoons butter, divided
2 cups peeled, diced boiling potatoes
8 extra large eggs
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Gruyere, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in 10" omelet pan over med low heat. Add potatoes and fry 10-15 minutes. Melt 5 tablespoons of butter in a small dish in the microwave.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs, stir in Gruyere, ricotta, melted butter, salt, pepper and basil in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with flour and baking powder and stir into egg mixture.
- Pour eggs over potatoes and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour until golden and firm in the middle. Use a cake tester if desired.