Monday, January 17, 2011

Sometimes You Just Need A Quickie (Wild Mushroom Agnolotti)

That's right.  You heard me.  A quickie...and I was in need of one the other day.  Now, get your mind out of the gutter!  I'm talking about a quick meal, one made in a matter of minutes.  You see, the Baking Toddler has had croup this week and a new ear infection festering up (can we say hello tubes?)

He has been sounding like a Phil Hartman-esque Frankenstein from the old SNL skit Frankenstein, Tonto and Tarzan.  No words, just moans, grumbles and growls.  All.  Day.  Long.  The only thing that is missing is him grunting "Fire Bad."  He even sports the same scowl.
One of my favorite quickie meals is Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with Brown Butter, Pignolis and Parmesan.  Say what you will about me featuring an already made product on my blog, but it is tasty and quick and exactly what you need when you are tending to a sick Frankenstein all day long.


Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with Brown Butter, Pignolis and Parmesan
1-package Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons pignolis (pine nuts), toasted
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
  1. Cook Pasta according to package directions
  2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a heavy saute pan until it has melted and has began to brown.  Take off heat immediately and set aside.  I set my skillet on the edge of the range so it is slanted and all the liquid falls to one side.  Skim off foam once it cools.
  3. Drain pasta, place onto plates and drizzle butter sauce over pasta, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
***To toast pine nuts:  In a clean, dry skillet, heat pine nuts over medium heat until fragrant and slightly golden.  Remove immediately and cool.

1 comment:

cami said...

I will DEFINITELY have to try this one. I would like this with the greens alongside as well. I can't wait to try the Alaskan cod too - Yummy!!!