Sunday, August 15, 2010

Outside-In Cheddar Sliders

Outside-In Cheddar Sliders on Mini Buns
Summer is finally coming to a close (you can thank me for stating the obvious later).  Teachers are back in their classrooms prepping for the upcoming year and parents are roaming the grocery aisles with school supply lists in hand.

As a kid I hated this time of year.  Whether it was the end of summer or the angst of beginning a new school year, I could have done without mid to late August.  And still I find myself not really being a fan of this time of year, though it is only because of the heat.  It is just too darn hot!

Like my new Weber kettle grill??? Bought it half price and already assembled (score!)
And speaking of hot...how about some girl on grill action (sorry for the pun.)  B4tB is getting a little meaty this month with these tiny burgers.  They are so cute and pretty darn good-and this is coming from someone who doesn't really eat beef.  Yes, I am from Texas and am not crazy about beef...I am an anomaly!

My accompaniments of choice: mustard, pickles and oven dried tomato-oh yeah!
Outside-In Cheddar Sliders on Mini Buns
Bon Appétit, July 2009
Yield: Makes 8

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (20% fat)
4 1-inch cubes sharp cheddar cheese, each halved
Salt & Pepper
8 soft dinner rolls, split

1. Divide meat into 8 equal pieces (approx. 3oz. ea) Shape into balls.
2. Press 1 cheese piece into center of 1 meatball and enclose cheese in meat. Flatten to 21/2- to 3-inch-diameter patty. Repeat to form 7 more patties.
3. Sprinkle both sides of patties with salt and pepper.
4. Prepare barbecue (medium-high to high heat). Grill patties until cooked to desired doneness and cheese centers soften, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
5. If desired, grill cut side of rolls until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer patties to rolls; let rest 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite burger accompaniments.
Print Me!

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Looks very Yummy! We put grilled onions and Jalapeno's on ours. Nothing tastier:-)

Cheri said...

Wow! Look at that cheese. Delish! I've always been a fan of this time of year.. but mainly because I knew cooler days were ahead. :)