|Outside-In Cheddar Sliders on Mini Buns|
As a kid I hated this time of year. Whether it was the end of summer or the angst of beginning a new school year, I could have done without mid to late August. And still I find myself not really being a fan of this time of year, though it is only because of the heat. It is just too darn hot!
|Like my new Weber kettle grill??? Bought it half price and already assembled (score!)|
|My accompaniments of choice: mustard, pickles and oven dried tomato-oh yeah!|
Bon Appétit, July 2009
Yield: Makes 8
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (20% fat)
4 1-inch cubes sharp cheddar cheese, each halved
Salt & Pepper
8 soft dinner rolls, split
1. Divide meat into 8 equal pieces (approx. 3oz. ea) Shape into balls.
2. Press 1 cheese piece into center of 1 meatball and enclose cheese in meat. Flatten to 21/2- to 3-inch-diameter patty. Repeat to form 7 more patties.
3. Sprinkle both sides of patties with salt and pepper.
4. Prepare barbecue (medium-high to high heat). Grill patties until cooked to desired doneness and cheese centers soften, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
5. If desired, grill cut side of rolls until toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer patties to rolls; let rest 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite burger accompaniments.