Wednesday, July 9, 2014

summer orange iced tea

It felt like summer yesterday.  Not because of the heat, because the heat is always here in the hill country.  But yesterday the daylight seemed to linger longer, extending the day into extra hours. It was then, during summer's evening light, my husband and I decided to be the king and queen of the grill.  Chicken, flank steak, pecan wood, smoke and fire, it was all delicious and we were so very hot. 

As I walked into the house I poured myself a glass of orange iced tea.  The sun was settling into our kitchen window and the tea pitcher became a sun catcher, glowing in honey colored hue.  I really don't mean to speak poetically about iced tea but in that moment summer seemed perfect and the tea was even more splendid than the setting sun.

No comments: