Dr. Pepper Snacking Cake
yield: 9 servings
2 sticks butter
1 cup Dr. Pepper
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter and flour an 8" square pan lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter and Dr. Pepper in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, sift together cocoa powder, cinnamon, flour and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in the butter mixture and combine.
- In a separate small bowl or measuring cup, mix the eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla and add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cake is done and cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on cooling rack.
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons Dr. Pepper (+1 Tablespoon if needed)
8oz. Confectioners Sugar
- Place butter, cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons Dr. Pepper into a small sauce pan. Whisk over low heat until butter has melted.
- Place sugar in a medium bowl. Add butter mixture and stir. If mixture is too thick, add another tablespoon until icing is thick but pourable.
- Pour over cooled cake.