|Sliced down the middle and into slices and ready to be placed on a platter for the potluck|
Lime Blueberry Yogurt Cake
recipe from Barefoot Contessa at Home, Ina Garten
yield: 1 loaf
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain yogurt
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
3 extra large eggs
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
For the glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In a bowl of an electric mixer, mix together yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lime zest, and vanilla paste. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a large rubber spatula, fold vegetable oil into the batter, making sure its all incorporated. Toss blueberries in a pinch of flour until thoroughly coated. Add blueberries to the batter and gently mix in. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, cake tester will come out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lime juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and place on a rack that has been set inside a rimmed cookie sheet or pan. While the cake is still warm, poke holes on the top using a skewer. Using a brush, soak the cake with the lime syrup. Allow it to soak in. Cool completely.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners sugar and lime juice and pour evenly over the cake.