***postscript: forgot to mention a little giveaway...here! Monday, May 9!!! Come check it out.
Chocolate Swirl Sour Cream Coffee Cake
If mom loves chocolate, she will definitely love this cake. Chocolate pecan streusel swirled in the middle and sprinkled on top. Perfect with a cup of coffee.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Moist, tender, delicious, studded with blueberries and drizzled with a sugary sweet icing.
Buttermilk Pound Cake
Our household favorite. Moist and versatile. This cake is great for morning, noon or night-just add your favorite accompaniment.
Lemon Pound Cake
How many times do I have to say moist in this post? This cake is the pinnacle of moist thanks to a puckery lemon glaze. Perfect for that lemon lover.
Chocolate Chip Cornbread
A unique and tender bread that is not too sweet.
My mom’s favorite breakfast bread is Strawberry Cream Cheese Buns. Sweet, delicately flavored and ummm, well…yes, moist. Strawberry jam is swirled into the batter creating a pretty and tasty cake. Enjoy!
source: More From Magnolia
makes 9 buns
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound (one 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour 9 large muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Drop 3 small dollops (about a teaspoon each) of raspberry preserves onto the top of each buns and using the tip of a knife, swirl the preserves into the batter, forming a decorative pattern.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the bun comes out clean.
- Allow buns to cool for about 30 minutes before sprinkling with confectioners sugar.