|Dr. Pepper Sausage with Garlic Green Beans and Carrots|
One post that has been climbing up steadily is my Dr. Pepper Peanut Brittle. Since that seems to be popular lately, I'm going to share another Dr. Pepper recipe with you! Dr. Pepper Sausage. It is easy and good. Please forgive the recipe because its one of those "a pinch here/a pinch there" kinda recipes!
Dr. Pepper Sausage
1 lb. smoked sausage
1-20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper
BBQ sauce (I love Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce)
- Slice sausage in 1/4 inch rounds or on the bias, and saute in a pan over medium high heat until browned. Remove sausage and place on a paper lined tray. Pour and lightly wipe out the grease in the pan and place back onto burner.
- Pour 10 oz. of Dr. Pepper into the pan and bring to a boil. Swirl pan frequently until the Dr. Pepper has reduced and has a thick and syrupy consistency.
- Add sausage back to the pan and coat with the reduced Dr. Pepper.
- Add as much BBQ sauce as you'd like. I like mine pretty saucy!
- Drink the rest of the Dr. Pepper with your meal! :)