Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dr. Pepper Sausage

Dr. Pepper Sausage with Garlic Green Beans and Carrots
I love the new Blogger feature that displays your most popular posts.  In fact, I was quite surprised to find my One Box of Puff Pastry, Dinner and Dessert for Six post is number one-but it deserves it.  And I really enjoy seeing the posts climb and fall daily, hourly...it lets me know that there is someone out there enjoying my blog.

One post that has been climbing up steadily is my Dr. Pepper Peanut Brittle.  Since that seems to be popular lately, I'm going to share another Dr. Pepper recipe with you!  Dr. Pepper Sausage.  It is easy and good.  Please forgive the recipe because its one of those "a pinch here/a pinch there" kinda recipes!

Dr. Pepper Sausage
4 servings

1 lb. smoked sausage
1-20 oz. bottle of Dr. Pepper
BBQ sauce (I love Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce)
  1. Slice sausage in 1/4 inch rounds or on the bias, and saute in a pan over medium high heat until browned.  Remove sausage and place on a paper lined tray.  Pour and lightly wipe out the grease in the pan and place back onto burner.
  2. Pour 10 oz. of Dr. Pepper into the pan and bring to a boil.  Swirl pan frequently until the Dr. Pepper has reduced and has a thick and syrupy consistency.
  3. Add sausage back to the pan and coat with the reduced Dr. Pepper.
  4. Add as much BBQ sauce as you'd like.  I like mine pretty saucy!
  5. Drink the rest of the Dr. Pepper with your meal!  :)

3 comments:

PegVan said...

OMG!! I haven't made this yet, but the picture makes my mouth water. This looks sooooo good. I have to bring an appetizer to a dinner party, and I wonder if the sausages could be cut into small pieces and served warm as appetizers. Do they really look this good? I am going to have to make them this week!! You could do photography for any cooking magazine!!

Peg (Stephanie's mom)

Melissa said...

@PegVan: I never thought them to be an appetizer, but that is such a great idea. Maybe even w/ the lil'smokies.

Thanks for your nice compliments regarding the photos. I try my best with my little point and click camera!

BCS Makeup by Kristen said...

OMG! I made this a few weeks ago for my boys and they LOVED it! It will be a repeat offender (hehe) in our house!!!