I made this brownie torte last weekend for my husband's birthday. It would also be perfect for a Valentine's Day dessert. Serve it warm with a nice soft dollop of sweetened whipped cream and berries atop it or, like me, ice cream and chocolate sauce (of course it would come back to the sauce!)
This torte is so easy and quick to prepare, about 15 minutes to put together and 30 minutes to bake off-which also makes for a great last minute dessert. I'll reiterate-serve it warm and gooey! Because who doesn't love the contrast of warm cake and cold ice cream??? And if you couldn't tell by the picture-I love my sauce!!!
Decadent Double-Chocolate Brownie Torte
adapted from Caprial's Bistro Style Cuisine
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a bowl over a double boiler.
- Place sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of a heavy duty mixer and mix on high until it is pale yellow and thick.
- Decrease mixer speed and add the melted butter/chocolate mixture. Scrape down sides of the bowl and gradually add the flour until the batter just comes together. Set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Fold in bittersweet and white chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow cake to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.