Saturday, August 24, 2013

Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Mango Salsa


I just found this recipe shoved within the deep, dark crevices of of my draft folder.  Why have I been holding on to it for so long?  I don't even know why.  I remember enjoying the warm flavors of the pork and the bright and bold flavors of the salsa.  I really loved the salsa.  I honestly have no idea why I set it aside.  Maybe the picture?  I do know this however...I need to share it before stews and braises become what one craves.  We've got about a month before that happens, right?

Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Mango Salsa
serves 4
Both pork and salsa recipes can be doubled to serve eight.  The salsa is a very flexible recipe and adjustments can be made to ones own taste.  Think pineapple, cucumbers, tomatoes...make it your own!

3/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
  1. In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, salt, sugar, chipolte pepper and paprika.  rub mixture over tenderloin.  Place in a lightly greased 13"x 9" baking pan.  
  2. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.  Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Strawberry Mango Salsa
serves 4

4 medium size strawberries, diced
1 whole mango, diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1 small jalapeno, diced
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
  1. Combine strawberries, mango, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a small bowl.  Pour in lime juice.  Add salt and sugar to taste.  Stir to combine.
  2. Serve on top of chicken, fish, or pork.  Can also be served with tortilla chips.

No comments: